Sign in to follow this  
karabiner98k

Peugeot 405 Vs Daewoo Nexia

I want to buy a new car. I have two options to choose from: Peugeot 405 1995 and Daewoo Nexia 1995.

Which one is a better car to own?? Which one is better engineered?

Please explain your reasons about what you think.

Thanks in advance.

daewoo_nexia_38739.jpg

22222222222222222222e.jpg

You said you have an Espero and a Cielo/Nexia, and you want another one ? :)

If I remember correctly, you have a Peugeot local factory ? maybe spare parts and servicing will be easier in this regard. Other than this, the korean Daewoo was pretty well engineered and you can still find a lot of '95-'96 models running well on the streets, as opposed to Peugeot cars.

You said you have an Espero and a Cielo/Nexia, and you want another one ? :)

If I remember correctly, you have a Peugeot local factory ? maybe spare parts and servicing will be easier in this regard. Other than this, the korean Daewoo was pretty well engineered and you can still find a lot of '95-'96 models running well on the streets, as opposed to Peugeot cars.

I now have nothing but i want to know a French Peugeot 405 is better or a Daewoo Nexia?

My friend, Daewoo and Peugeot forums are the worst places to ask between the two models because the degree of subjectivity is extremely high. However, the maintenance costs are lower for Nexia and parts easier to find. Reliability is also a stronger reason to choose Nexia. As regards engineering, Nexia copied thoroughly Opel when it was conceived, so a car deeply rooted in the German car manufacture cannot bring but satisfaction. I would never buy a so old French model that can roughly be found on the streets nowadays, as opposed to tons of Nexias all over Europe- at least this is what I personally saw.

i don't know how is in your country with spare parts and servicing, but in ours the best choice is nexia because of spare parts availability, their prices (daewoo parts are cheaper than peugeot parts), and servicing prices. on the other hand, nexia looks much more better than 405 (in my oppinion) ; I owned a cielo (nexia) for 6 years and I was very happy with it; reliable (in this time I changed the fuel pump only) comfy, plenty of room , economical (6.25 liters per 100 km) and very nice car. anyway, the choise is yours... :thumbl:

so which one have you own?