Sign in to follow this  
nubiranutter

Daewoo Nubira

hi guys got a problem with the low fiel level light it does not come on when the petrol level is low has anyone else had this problem. also knocking cpming from front end when I go over a bump in road i replace both front wishbones last year but still got problem any ideas? the car is a 98 nubria 2.0 cdx auto estate with 43ooo miles on her regards nubiranutter

Hi. Welcome.

I have a Kalos and the fuel light come out very late, when the indicator is at the bottom completly (passed the red zone)! Maybe your nubira works the same...

There are few Nubira guys arond here, maybe they know better!

Good luck.

You should check if the low fuel light .The light bulb might not work or the sensor in the fuel tank is broken .It is very simple to test ...under the fuel tank there are 2 wires if you conect the 2 wires the low fuel light turns ON if it doesn't turn ON it means that the light in the dashboard is not working .If the low fuel light turns ON it means that the sensor is broken .

The low fuel light lights up only after the needle has hit the lowest position; mine lights up maybe 10 miles or so after the fuel indicator needle goes completely down, and it will first light quite dim, before turning bright.

About knocking: the most probable cause are the shock absorbers; it may also come from steering or from worn anti-roll bar bearings (especially if you often park the car half over a walkway). Also check that the brake calipers are tightly fit in place - a loose caliper is very dangerous.