Sign in to follow this  
anyaddress

Plz Help Daweoo Cielo Heavy Black Smoke Out With Brake And Battery Warning Light On

plz help daweoo cielo heavy black smoke out with brake and battery warning light on hi nice forum

any way my car is daewoo cielo 1996 1.6 dohc with automatic transmittion

the car was working fine until i have the following problem:

- when i start the car the motor starts shaking when i give more power to the motor (rpm 3 or above) a heavy black smoke going out of the exhaust and after a while i noticed that when the rpm level is above 3 and when i increase it the battery warning lamp lit on with the brake warning lamp

steps i do:

-i changed the battery to see if any difference the same problem

-i reset the ecm by disconnection battery cables(is ther is any other way)

-i checked for air leak nothing found

-i changed the spark plugs

-finally i measured the voltage across the battery when the car is on and i noticed when i increase the motor rotation the voltage increase to 16.8v de ce using digital multimeter is that's normal?

any suggestion plz

Hello, same thing happened to me. The black smoke isn't necessarily related to your electrical problem. Regarding your case, the fault is in the charging subsystem for the battery (charging relay or one of the six diodes in the charging bridge). One of them (or both) are shot, and need to be replaced. The high voltage across the battery's connectors isn't normal (16,8 is very high and you should stop using the car for the moment, to avoid damage to the ECM and other electrical systems), it should be at most 14 volts.

thanx vaxxi

i will repair my generator tommorow and i read in the service manual that if the generator produce a high voltage the ecm will work in emergency mode,but i want to ask about brake and battery warning lamp does it do the same with you so that its lit on when i accelrate my rpm,now i will repair my generator and reset my ecm and see thanxxx

Edited by anyaddress

The brake light and battery light come up together in the case of the mentioned fault, they did the same when it happened to me (however, it wasn't related to RPM in my case ... they simply stayed lit).

problem solved

the alternator has been changed with ecm learning car back to normall