Sign in to follow this  
Sin&sha

Condensed Water

Hi

Here is problem: when is hot and my A/C is on, after a while a small amount of water falling under a A/C core, above the passenger footplace. Is it the same condensed water you can normaly find outside the car, below the engine? Is there some path to lead condensed water form core to outside, which is, maybe, dirty?

@Sin&sha

I do not know if it is water from condenser or from anything else, but condensed water start to smell nasty after a while in closed places. It is not normally to happen that, and it is possible that the pipe normally used to lead out the condensed water is blocked with dirt or foreign corpses, and the water leaks directly into your car. You have to check that. Send a privat message to the user called Ovi_jer, he can help more than I can.

Best regards,

Adi Iacob

There is a plastic curved tube (L shaped) in the engine bay, on the fire wall ( abut 10cm long, directed downwards). It gets clouged up with dirt and the water can't drain outside anymore. Find the tube, take it out (pull on it) and you will see a lot of water purging out. Clean it and put it back.

the tube i was talking about

Edited by andreib

Hey, thanks a lot, mate, you probably point in right direction. And yes, after turning A/C off, the bad smell is appear and last for few minutes. Maybe both my problems can solve with cleaning drain pipe out :)