Sign in to follow this  
anyaddress

Daewoo Cielo Abs Repair Please Help

my daewoo cielo abs lamp is light on on my dashboard

i take the car to three repair center and problem didnt solved and each one say different thing from the other now i will try to do it by myself and your help and i want to ask:

-does any one of the following reasons may cause the abs lamp to be on:

1-brake oil is low

2-brake pad is low thickness

3-front abs sensor (how i can test by gigital multimeter)

4-is ther is any rear abs sensor

5-if ther is any air inside brake oil pipes

5-how i can check the elctrecity on abs module (any testing points)

and if any ther is any possible reason

and i noticed that this problem is happen to a lot of daewoo car and ther is no spesfic solution till now as i read on many forums

thanxxxxxxxxx

HI

1, 2, 5 (air inside circuit) are false. The handbrake light will be on if brake fluid is low. Also, if there is a sensor of the brake pad wear, the handbrake light will be on. For air in the circuit there is no light/sensor. It cannot phisically be installed or work.

Most probably your problem comes from one of the rotation sensors of the wheels. You have 4 sensors, for every moving wheel (you do not have on for the spare :D ). Check all the sensors by taking the wheel off and see if the wire is not broken or loose and try to follow its route as much as possible. Also a reset you should do before just to make sure the problem exists (you disconnect the battery for half an hour).

thanks alx for your reply

i want to ask another thing,i noticed also when i press a little on my brake paddle the left rear wheel is directley have maximum brake for 2second then it goes normally,this problem is always happen when i just press a little on my brake paddle also i can hear a strange voice form the rear wheels

just want to add more problem :D

what if both the ABS light and the Hand Brake/ Park light is on? like in my case

also, don't know if it's somehow connected, sometimes i hear a clicking noise (much like when you hear your engine ping/knock) at the front left part, i think near the wheels.

Hope you guys can help us on this

Have you ever cleaned your ABS Sensors?

Is the Fuse OK?

Whats about the Wires to the Sensors?

In repair center you visited , they have to diagnose with a Scaner 11 your ABS circuit .

If the ABS lamp is on , on scaner display appear the problem you have at your car .